Improv Level 6B: Now What?
About the class
You have studied improv, performed a lot and now over 8 weeks we are going to look under the hood to take it to the next level. We will uncover your core strengths and discuss your voice as a performer. We will also look at how you fit in a group dynamic. Individually, we will examine where each player can best contribute (the pirate, the robot and the ninja) and how they can best serve their team.
Here are some specific things we'll cover over the 8 weeks:
- Various forms and you play in different show styles
- Emphasis on things we don’t work on (object work, active listening, remembering patterns)
- Writing your own improv mission statement (what kind of performer do you want to be)
- Strengths and weaknesses of your team play and as an individual (real and perceived)
- Find the role of each show (protagonist, villain, the clown/comic relief, ingenue, sage, etc.)
- Finding core agreement (for both the scene and serving the tone of each show)
- Knowing when to be selfish and unselfish in a show (How to play both)
- Being an improviser versus being an artist