The PIT (Peoples Improv Theater) is seeking someone to join our team as Associate Artistic Director.
The AAD works closely with the Artistic Director with a focus on programming an eclectic schedule and cultivating community.
- Working with the AD to program shows for The PIT’s three stages: The PIT Striker Mainstage, The PIT Underground, and The PIT Loft.
- Managing internal and external calendars.
- Casting and overseeing The PIT’s Improv House Teams with the AD and Ensemble Committee.
- Attending and evaluating performances across The PIT’s three stages.
- Working with with the AD to head hunt and develop comics, acts and shows.
- Overseeing administrative assistants and interns.
- Producing the NYC Improv Festival, NYC Sketch Festival, QueerCom and SoloCom in association with the AD.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Minimum 2 years experience in producing, either independently, as a part of a theater/comedy theater, or in comparable field (event management, etc.).
- Attention to detail a must.
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills, with a big emphasis on cultivating strong relationships with performers, producers, and patrons.
- Fielding correspondence from show producers and performers.
- Experience with multitasking and problem solving under pressure.
- Passionate about comedy and emerging artists: improv, sketch, stand up, storytelling, solo shows, variety, musicals, parody, satire, farce, theater, commedia dell’arte, etc.
- Experience producing festivals or large programming is a big plus.
- Skilled with Google Docs, Sheets, Forms, and Drive. MS Office. Photoshop a plus.
- Basic working knowledge of tech equipment: light boards, soundboards, QLab a plus.
If qualified and interested, please email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line: Associate Artistic Director Application.
Salary commensurate with experience. This is a full time position.