The Director of Improv & Community will work alongside the Director of Sketch Comedy & Director of Productions to oversee the Artistic Department of the Peoples Improv Theater.
- Building and managing the PIT’s Improv programming and Community Produced shows across The PIT’s three stages: The PIT Striker Mainstage, The PIT Underground, and The PIT Loft.
- Leading the PIT’s Improv Ensemble Committee. Casting and overseeing The PIT’s improv teams with the Artistic Team and Ensemble Committee. PIT Staff point of contact for all Improv Ensemble members.
- Liaising with community artists and industry for audition and casting opportunities, marketing, audience development, and promotion.
- Lead producing the NYC Improv Festival, producing other PIT festivals with PIT Artistic Team.
- With the rest of the artisitic team, finding and developing emerging comics, acts, and shows ranging from improv, sketch, stand up, musicals, parody, satire, farce, theater, clowning, solo shows, avant garde comedic performance, etc.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Leadership experience.
- Strong background in improvisation, teaching experience is ideal.
- Experience producing, either as a part of a larger theater/comedy theater, independently, and fostering new work from early and mid-career artists.
- Experience liasing with agents, casting directors, and high profile industry leaders.
- Strong organizational skills and hyper-attention to detail.
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills with an emphasis on cultivating relationships with artists, producers, and patrons.
- Ability to multitask and solving problems under pressure.
- Passionate about comedy and emerging artists.
- Google products: Google Docs, Sheets, Forms, and Drive. Excel.
- Basic working knowledge of tech equipment: light boards, soundboards, QLab a plus
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.