In this workshop, you will learn:
- How to use your body as a sharpened tool for improv
- Embody characters physically with the whole body including how they stand, walk, sit, breathe etc.
- Get in touch with your own mind/body connection and unique physicalities
- Create a comprehensive/safe physical warm up and routine to help keep the body sharp, flexible, and strong
- Learn to use physical movement as a catalyst/inspiration to start a scene
- Explore space and surroundings fully when onstage in a scene
- Learn how isolations and movement have been key factors in comedy and storytelling from its origins in commedia dell’arte to ballet d’action to silent films & vaudeville to today’s modern sketch shows.
- Understand how truth and emotion affect the body and vice versa