About the show
Veronica sits with her boyfriend Ben in her recently deceased father’s house, surrounded by sexualized paintings, statues and ornaments. As far as Ben thinks, he’s there to meet her brother, Gustav. But is now a good time to break up with her? And if not now, when? As the night progresses, Gustav turns up with his new fiancé and a radical plan. As the siblings unravel secrets of a dark past, their respective partners have some dark secrets of their own. Sex Object is a new Australian play about beauty, intimacy and sex in an age of phones, porn and pretense. This is the American premiere.
- Director: Susanna Wolk (Lobby Hero at 2nd Stage Theater, Waitress on Broadway)
- Producers: David De Almo (Mike Birbiglia: Thank God For Jokes, Oh, Hello at Cherry Lane, The Dreamer Examines His Pillow at 13th Street Rep) & Kelly McCready & Cassie De Almo (Hasan Minhaj: Homecoming King, Lucie Pohl: Hi, Hitler at Cherry Lane)
- Ben: David De Almo* (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix, Occasionally Employed at The PIT)
- Ron: Kelly McCready* (Bigger Than You Bigger Than Me at Studio 28 at Theatre Row, The New Morality at Mint Theater Company)
- Gustav: Rowan Vickers* (Lobby Hero at 2nd Stage, Nat Turner In Jerusalem at NYTW, Picnic at Transport Group)
Kate: Madia Hill Scott (Barry on HBO, Blacklist on NBC, Ray Donovan on Showtime, Jane the Virgin on the CW)
*Actors appearing courtesy of Actors Equity Association.