JOB: HEAD OF CORPORATE/PRIVATE EVENTS
The Peoples Improv Theater is an award-winning comedy theater established in 2002 by Ali Reza Farahnakian. The PIT uses the foundations of improv to curate corporate team building activities, leadership and communication training programs as well as unforgettable private events. The main theater is located at 123 East 24th Street in the heart of the Flatiron District. A second performance space known as The PIT Loft is located at 154 W 29 Street. Notable alumni include Michelle Wolf, Ellie Kemper, and Natasha Rothwell.
- Manage all corporate workshops, space rentals, and private events (birthday parties, children’s events, bar/bat mitzvahs, etc)
- Book appropriate talent per project as well as support staff if necessary
- Negotiate with clients and manage payment processing
- Actively seek out new client relationships through a combination of direct sales and outreach
- Develop marketing materials and advertising to different markets targeted
- Think outside the norm to create new opportunities through unique experiences, programs or offerings to corporate and individual clients.
The ideal candidate would possess the following:
- Background in corporate relations, event planning or sales with a network of corporate relationships
- Self-starter who works well with a small team
- Good understanding of comedy
- Background in producing, booking or performing comedy is preferred
- Highly organized and able to navigate Excel, Google Docs, and DropBox with proficiency
- Knowledge of Salesforce, HTML, 17Hats or Stripe a plus.
This is a full-time, salaried position with health benefits.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Submit@thepit-nyc.com