The Peoples Improv Theater (The PIT) is looking for a Director of Classes to lead and oversee the PIT’s school, which offers a variety of courses in improv, sketch, and professional writing programs every year. The Director of Classes will work with staff and instructors to cultivate the PIT’s core improv & sketch curriculum, design programs for workshops and electives, maintain and develop relationships with teachers, schedule classes, and handle student affairs. Position is fulltime, M-F.
Desired and preferred skills/qualifications:
Experience in educational programming and management
- Detail-oriented multi-tasker who is comfortable with autonomy and taking the initiative
- Ability to manage and oversee faculty members and address student affairs
- Proven experience working with curriculum and policies at either the college level or for an educational component at an arts organization.
- Administrative experience with scheduling multiple events weekly
- Correspondence with students and potential students via phone and email
- Posting classes to the PIT’s website
- Marketing & promotional projects for classes including assisting with course descriptions
- Administrative tasks including maintaining school calendars and creating welcome packets
- Various tasks as needed for the PIT theater and school
Send resume and cover letter to Submit@thepit-nyc.com