$99-1 day // $149-2 day*
Improv Workshop is for the ensemble actor and improviser who desires to cultivate the ability to flawlessly and spontaneously create magic on stage and in life. “IT” comes from a place of joy and connection to one’s source intuition, and is attained by giving yourself to the art form through LISTENING rather than thinking, from ALLOWING rather than forcing, from being FULLY PRESENT in the moment and FOCUSING on CONNECTION with your partner and your environment. You will understand why making your partner look good makes you in turn look twice as good and makes the workflow. Ultimately, you will understand that this is how ensembles are created.
This workshop will focus on scene work as well as Long form Improvisation. You will learn to develop tools to let scenes emerge organically, including:
• cultivating a heightened sense of listening
• cultivating a heightened sense of awareness of the scene around you, i.e. environment, textures, emotions, body languages, sounds, etc.
• learning the game within the scene
• making your partner look good
• finding the joy in the exploration
• getting out of your own way to allow creativity to flow
• understanding that the true magic lies in the synchronicity of you, your partner and the audience all discovering a point of focus at the same time
* As of 7/1/2023, we are instituting a strict no refund policy.
Please note, class start dates are subject to be postponed up to 4 weeks from original posted date